Neck pain is a leading type of chronic pain and one of the most common causes of disability worldwide. It is important to get neck pain treated so it does not lead to other health conditions. At First Coast Medical Center, serving Orange Park and Jacksonville, FL, our chiropractor provides natural treatment methods for neck pain to help you return to a healthy, pain-free life.
Acute and Chronic Neck Pain Conditions
Neck pain often occurs gradually over time due to the cumulative effects of repeated strain and stress on joints, nerves, muscles, and other tissues in the cervical area. Eventually, this cumulative trauma can contribute to conditions like degenerative disc disease and cervical radiculopathy, which is nerve compression in the spine due to narrowed joint spaces or damaged discs.
Other people might develop neck pain more suddenly because of sudden trauma, such as a car accident. Whiplash, muscle strains, disc herniations, and ligament sprains are common in these instances.
Neck pain is also common in people with tension or migraine headaches and shoulder pain.
Neck Pain Risk Factors
It is often difficult to determine the cause of neck pain. However, there are certain risk factors that can increase your chances of developing this pain. These include:
- Female gender
- Sedentary activity
- Poor posture, especially while using phones or computers
- Traumatic accidents, like a car crash, sports injury, or fall
- Advancing age
How Our Chiropractor Treats Neck Pain
When you first visit our chiropractor for neck pain relief, you can expect questions about your medical history and a physical examination. We will work with you to figure out your unique risk factors and identify any underlying issues, like postural imbalances or core weakness, that might contribute to your symptoms.
Our chiropractor will then formulate a customized treatment plan for your condition. This can include a combination of techniques, like:
- Chiropractic adjustments, which realign joints in your neck, improve posture, alleviate any nerve impingements, and help the nervous system shift to a state that promotes healing, pain relief, and anti-inflammation
- Therapeutic exercises to help ease tissue tension and improve core endurance, range of motion, and posture
- Physiotherapy, including muscle stimulation and ultrasound therapy, to reduce inflammation and improve blood flow, which promotes healing
Visit Our Chiropractor in Orange Park and Jacksonville, FL for Neck Pain Relief
If you are suffering from neck pain, we can help. At First Coast Medical Center, serving Jacksonville and Orange Park, FL, our chiropractor provides a variety of treatments to alleviate your pain and help your neck heal. Call us today to schedule an appointment.